Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blog Every Day

So I was convinced to participate in the 3rd annual Blog Every Day in April. I had been toying with the idea of starting a real blog now that I'm out of school just to keep me writing.

I do have a tumblr blog but that blog functions more as an Internet scrapbook and is a random collection of things I find interesting on the Internet. A lot of the items I post to Tumblr I used to share on Facebook but I eventually decided that Facebook isn't the best vehicle for political commentary. That said, on Tumblr I typically let the links I post speak for themselves and don't provide a lot of commentary. On this blog, I hope to be less erratic about the things I post and will try to take the time and write about things that I find interesting in the world. Frequent topics will probably venture into the world of politics, sports and pop culture.

Last time I attempted to "blog" I was not very successful writing a grand total of five posts. Before that was during the Xanga/LiveJournal craze (does ANYONE use either of those sites anymore?) and even there posting was sporadic at best.

Hopefully BEDA will, at least for the next month, force me to regularly blog. Who knows, maybe by the end of the month I will find enough of a routine to continue it.

While this is my first post, it's not April yet so this technically doesn't count.

I'm thinking I'll start BEDA with a post about myself using an old 1990s Internet favorite...the email survey.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you also put "blog" in quotes. I "blogged" in high school on OpenDiary. There's a site no one's using anymore. Sadly, that blog still exists on the interwebs. I don't have the heart to pull the plug on it just yet. That sucker dates back to August 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There'll always be a soft place in my heart for Xanga and the hundreds of emotionally wrought posts it endured through my high school and college years. Thank goodness it only exists in an HTML archive file on my hard drive!

    ReplyDelete