Thursday, April 14, 2011

BEDA Day 14:

So I'm reading Cory Doctorow's Little Brother on the recommendation of Becky. Very interesting and very much captures the zeitgeist of today. For all the craziness the Tea Party represents, civil liberties is one issue that they share with liberals, though the motivation and inspiration behind the preservation of those liberties can be different.

Sadly we are probably one major terrorist attack away from something like The Patriot Act II.

All I have been thinking about throughout the book is the quote of Ben Franklin's...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked that book. It's not one I can recommend to everyone. But I thought you'd appreciate and really get it :)

    ReplyDelete