Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BEDA Day 5: Lottery winner

So today's suggested topic is to blog about what would I do if I won the lottery. I assume we're talking about millions so first and foremost, I would pay off all my debt and all of my parent's debt. Wipe it all out, mortgage, credit card, car loan, and particularly student loans. While not the highest priority, I'd probably purchase several vehicles. Get my parents a couple of new vehicles and replace at least one of ours. I'd probably take Anne Marie on a lengthy vacation somewhere though I can't particularly say where for sure. Maybe traipse around Europe for a while, but I wouldn't rule out Australia or New Zealand.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy a new house...at least right away. Live a while without having to worry about making any sort of debt payments. I like my house and I don't see the need to upgrade at this point. I'll maybe make some improvements but wouldn't immediately replace it. I'd probably start some college funds for whatever kids I may have. The rest will go into some kind of investment.

It is easy to plan uses for money that only exists in theory...

No comments:

Post a Comment